Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Search for the Silver Dimes in our Haystack!

Hey there, this is John from the Gems N' Loans Coin Center in downtown Oceanside, California at 520 N. Coast Hwy, Suite #102.

We have a “blue” book here filled with all the silver Roosevelt dimes (circa 1946-1964) except the 1955 Philadelphia and the 1963 Philadelphia. I am currently looking through the haystack (our “haystack” is 36 coin tubes filled with silver Roosevelt dimes, for a total of about 1700 dimes). I hope that in all of those tubes I will be lucky enough to find the two we need to complete the book. 

So far, I have gone through about six tubes containing over 300 dimes and I keep seeing 1964 D dimes, the last year they made the dimes out of silver, which are from the Denver mint.

You can find me here at Gems N' Loans Coin Center, five days a week continuing the search for the silver dimes in our haystack! Wish me luck! 



No comments:

Post a Comment